Sunday, May 22, 2011
27 Traffic Tips for Bloggers
I've been writing several different blogs about specific topics for 10 years. My loyal readers have been asking me for years where they can find my author blog, but I never created one...until now! Yay! Here it is!
Thank you for cheering me on as I write books and blogs that enrich your life. You have no idea how much I truly appreciate your support, comments, and friendship! My goal is to bring you GREAT content to help you achieve YOUR goals!
There are a gazillion blogs out there on the Internet these days. How do you draw traffic to yours? Try experimenting with some of these simple tips. Why 27 and not an even 30? Because 30 would have been too predictable! Keep your blogs interesting and don't be afraid to mix it up. The most important tip is to provide valuable content....with that many blogs out there, you need to give your readers such rich content that they keep coming back to you for more!
1. Post often and on the right days: People are more likely to read blogs on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
2. Turn on Google Sitemaps. Claim your Internet real estate.
3. Invite people to comment. People don't like to be lectured. Have a conversation. Reply to comments.
4. Build your following. Follow others.
5. Share posts to Twitter and Facebook
6. Optimize your post titles and tags
7. Draw in traffic with a capture or "squeeze" page
8. Add email alerts
9. Include plug-ins
10. Reach your followers' followers with Reblog and TypePad Micro
11. Add videos
12. Run contests with prizes
13. Participate in a blog tour with other bloggers
14. Advertise it on swag at booksignings and other events
15. Invite guests to share their posts
16. Interview other people your readers are interested in
17. Ask readers what they want to learn about. Include fun surveys.
18. Build trust. Before people engage, they need to know you, like you and trust you.
19. Provide links to your blog on your web site
20. Make it a fun place to visit! Lighten up!
21. Provide RSS
22. Keep your blog posts short and sweet. Write like you talk.
23. Include eye-catching graphics. Use a theme to show who you are visually.
24. Mix it up. Don't be so predictable. Keep it interesting.
25. Write grabbing titles.
26. Provide your readers with solutions to their problems. Be a helpful resource.
27. Provide valuable content